One of the most critical part of the log building process is scheduling. Most of the time we book projects out 2 or 3 years in advance. We stay very busy because of our high quality and good customer relations, and it also takes time to prepare the logs for building, etc. Some smaller projects may be able to be done much sooner as our schedule allows. Also, from time to time a customer may need to reschedule for a later date, which would give us the opportunity to do a project that was otherwise going to have to wait, so it never hurts to ask about the time frame that you want. If it is something that can be done, we always try to accommodate our customers.
Typically this is how we do our project scheduling.
1) Customer will send us a rough plans, even a sketch with dimensions will do.
2) Once a price is set and general terms agreed to, we will send a contract outlining all work, terms and time frames..
3) Customer puts 50% down to actually hold a time frame for the building work to be done. We can work out a smaller down payment in some circumstances. If the customer is looking to lock in a price and terms (for up to 5 years), but not set an actual scheduled time to build, we do this for a 10% down payment.
4) We build your log home as agreed.
5) You start enjoying your dream